Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Favorite beads from the weekend....

 I made this duo as a bit of an experiment over the weekend and they turned out to be among my favorites from that firing.  I made a white bodied bead and rolled it in a reduction frit.  I reintroduced the bead to the flame and decrease the amount of oxygen in the flame.  The frit reacts and develops a design and pattern all its own. I have made this type of bead before but this time I went on to encase it in clear glass.  The over all technique is very straight forward but I loved it.  It's not very challenging but offers a funky look and a unique quality to each bead. 
The spring thaw was gorgeous this weekend and has continued on into a beautiful week. I hope everyone is having a great week as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment