Monday, December 19, 2011

 The 2 stacked large beads in this piece are unique.  I used a dark opaque colored glass that looks a light to medium brown prior to the flame.  It created a grey bead that hangs on the necklace as well and I also create this swirling duo. They look so different from one another.   I reduced the amount of oxygen in the flame after forming the shame of the bead and the reaction was amazing. I bought this glass as a treat and could not quite achieve a good look with it until these two beads came to be.  It is fun to experiment with the flame and create these changes in the glass while it is hot and molten in motion.  I love how magical glass is and the endless colors and looks that can be created.  I hand stamped DISCOVER and felt is matched well with the treasures that hang. 
These earrings are delicate and full of statement.  The crisp turquoise tiny beads dangle at the end.  I hope everyone is having a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment