Friday, August 5, 2011

....and then it was August.

Hayloft in the Grove-  East Aurora, NY
I have missed blogging this past week! Whisker Fest was a beautiful and fun event. I enjoyed a wonderful weekend with very talented artists as well as great visitors and supporters of the Whisker Fest cause. Thank you to all my friends and family for coming out and it was a pleasure meeting some new friends.
Kitty cat and doggy bling made special for the event

 Now it is time to move on to new projects and stocking my Etsy shop this weekend.  I made these earrings using a harlequin style bead.  The body of the bead is black with a series of cream colored dots positioned closely together and then melted flush to the surface of the bead. I then dot with a transparent turquoise glass and allow the beads to rest on the surface. A quick flash in the flame and then they are off to the kiln.  The technique is fairly easy but gives off a nice level of depth.   Have a wonderful summer weekend as August takes hold!

No comments:

Post a Comment